Taking care of your mental health…
Who is this service for?
We place a high value on mental health and recovery at Centacare. We offer a range of psychological services to people across the southern and western parts of region.
Learn More About
Our mental health plans
Centacare South West NSW is registered with Medicare Australia to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme. Our professional team of psychologists provide assessment and treatment for people with mental health problems.
Referral by a general practitioner under a Mental Health Plan or an NDIS Plan is required.
Psychological Services are available in Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Albury and Mulwala.
We specialise in areas including:
- Learning difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Anxiety / Depression
- Family issues
- School refusal
- Grief and loss
- Social, emotional or behavioural difficulties.
Depending on the individual’s needs and preferences, our team use a variety of evidence- based approaches including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Positive psychology
- Strengths based approaches
Centacare can provide the following psychological assessments and testing:
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2)
- WISC-V – IQ test for children between ages 6 and 16
- Vineland-3 – For diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and developmental delays
- BASC-3 – Behaviour Assessment System
- SDQ – Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire
- CARS-2 – Childhood Autism Rating Scale
- ASRS 1 – Adult ADHD Reporting Scale
- Conner’s 4 – Assessment of symptoms and impairments associated with ADHD and common co-occurring problems and disorders
- WIAT IV – Academic achievement test
- WAIS-IV (16yrs+)
Fees, forms & how to book
$180 private paying or
$180 with a valid Mental Health Care Plan:
($89.65 Medicare rebate)
*$90.35 out of pocket expense)
DELIVERY: Face to Face, Over the phone and online
REFERRAL: Self referral, referral from other services
HOW TO APPLY: For further information or to register your interest please contact Centacare South West NSW call 1300 619 379 or enquire online.