Who is this course for?
This evidence-based program provides innovative, coping, resilience skills for adults of all ages and all walks of life.
Learn More About
This evidence-based program provides innovative, coping, resilience skills for adults of all ages and all walks of life. It is especially useful for parents, to increase their resilience, parenting skills and ensure the FRIENDS “language” is spoken at home.
By attending this program participants will learn skills and tools such as:
- How to identify feelings and develop empathy
- Controlling and regulating intense emotions
- Relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness skills and exercises to stay in the moment, focus and relax
- Preventing bullying
- Resisting peer pressure and developing positive relationships
- Compromising in tricky situations and avoiding conflict
- Choosing appropriate role models
- Setting realistic and achievable life or study goals
- Organisation and focus skills
- Developing non internet-based friendships and relationships
See https://friendsresilience.org/ for further information on the FRIENDS programs.
Fees, forms & how to apply
FEES: $80 (standard) or $50 (concession)
DELIVERY: Online or Face-to-face
HOW TO APPLY: For further information or to register your interest please contact Centacare South West NSW call 1300 619 379 or enquire online.
Online & Group Events
What’s coming up?
16mar7:00 pm8:00 pmParent Education Seminar - Understanding Self Harming BehaviourOnline Parent Education Seminar7:00 pm - 8:00 pm OnlineEvent Status:Starts March 16 . Registrations close Feb 23, 2022