Our responsibilities & code of ethics
Code of Ethics
All members of staff and volunteers of Centacare will adhere to policies, programs and procedures which:
- Protect and uphold every person’s right to live with dignity.
- Respect the fundamental and central role of the family in society.
- Acknowledge the individual’s right to:
- Live a full life without undue social control and unwarranted interference.
- Participate in decision-making processes affecting their personal and community life.
- Ensure services are available to all people whatever their race, ethnic background, creed, sexuality or disability.
- Uphold confidentiality on information within the limits of the law.
Our responsibilities to our Participants
Centacare recognises and upholds its responsibilities to clients. The agency will:
- Advise clients of their rights and provide a written copy of such rights as requested.
- Treat individuals with respect and preserve their rights to dignity and privacy.
- Advise clients of Centacare’s confidentiality policy advise clients of the grievance and/or complaints policy and provide a copy upon request.
- Refer and liaise with other services of Centacare and/or external agencies as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, encourage service users and their carers to have the support of another person to act as their advocate and promote best practice and quality of service.
- Ensure access to services is equitable.