No Scaredy Cats
Who is this course for?
No Scaredy Cats is a 3 week online education course for parents and carers about reducing anxiety and building resilience in 2-12 year old children.
This course is facilitated by a Parentshop licenced practitioner
When: Weekly each Monday (3 Weeks)
Starts: 25th July, 2022
Register before: 11th July, 2022
- Understand how a well-honed theory of parenting (what you need to repeatedly do) can assist parents to manage children’s worries
- Create awareness about how some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious
- Understand more about the brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates
- Recognise commonly misused phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers
- Learn helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe.
- Recognise ‘Traps and trip wires’: what to do when a child’s amygdala starts to play-up
- Learn memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises
Registrations + Enquiries
For further information or to register your interest please contact Centacare South West NSW call 1300 619 379 or enquire online via our form below.