Who is this program for?
An evidence-based program providing innovative, coping and resilience skills for adults of all ages and all walks of life.
Register by: TBA
Adult Resilience is one of the FRIENDS programs, which were created by Dr Paula Barrett. The FRIENDS programs are cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) based programs, endorsed by the World Health Organisation, as best practice for the prevention and treatment of anxiety and depression, promoting resilience in families, schools and communities.
This evidence-based program provides innovative, coping, resilience skills for adults of all ages and all walks of life. It is especially useful for parents, to increase their resilience, parenting skills and ensure the FRIENDS “language” is spoken at home.
- Learn how to identify feelings and develop empathy
- Understand how to control and regulating intense emotions
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Practise mindfulness skills and exercises to stay in the moment, focus and relax
- Understand how to preventing bullying
- Gain skills to Resist peer pressure and developing positive relationships
- Understand how to compromise in tricky situations and avoid conflict
- Learn how to choose appropriate role models
- Set realistic and achievable life or study goals
- Gain organisation and focus skills
- Develop non internet-based friendships and relationships
Registrations + Enquiries
For further information or to register your interest please contact Centacare South West NSW call 1300 619 379 or enquire online via our form below.