Who is this course for?
An education course for parents/carers about reducing anxiety and building resilience in 2-12 year old children.
Learn More About
No scaredy cats
- An overview of how a well-honed theory of parenting (what you need to repeatedly do) can assist parents to manage children’s worries
- Coverage of how some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious
- The brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates
- Commonly misused phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers
- A helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe.
- ‘Traps and trip wires’: what to do when a child’s amygdala starts to play-up
- Memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises
You will receive:
- A workbook
- A certificate of completion
This course is being facilitated by a Parentshop licenced practitioner | www.parentshop.com.au
Fees, forms & how to apply
WHERE: Online via Microsoft Teams
WHEN: Monday 25th July, 1st, 8th August 2022
TIME: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
FEES: $60 (standard) or$40 (concession)
FACILITATORS: Tammy and Maree
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE: 11th July 2022
TO APPLY: For further information or to register your interest please contact Centacare South West NSW 1300 619 379 or enquire online.